Hellfire is a red hot 6 track project by Arizonas own Sorry X. This tape is Sorrys sophomore EP & debut project with Minivan Records.
The project tells stories of heartbreak,badassery, battling self doubt, & defiance.
All conveyed with Sorry X’s signature sultry vocals & a few dope features( Sewer Person, Spaceman Zach, & Saphir. )
Production value on this project is A1- making for a crisp super easy & enjoyable listening experience.
Along with some rockin instrumentals with rock, pop, & rap vibes mixed in- Hellfire has a song (if not all 6) for you to vibe to.
Our personal favorites were “Armor” which had some awesome vocal layering used to compliment her vocals & send off track “Gave you my world” which leaves you with soulful lyrics that had me woefully looking out of the window like a sad scene in a movie.
Read More For Our Interview With Sorry X to get a deeper look behind the project
& stream Hellfire everywhere November 20th
How long did it take to make your project from start to finish, recording-wise?
- The crazy thing is I didn’t actually keep track of when I started and finished things. I spent weeks writing the songs, and then recorded them pretty much all at the same time. In total I’ve been working on this entire project for at least 4-5 months.
What kind of ‘sound’, production wise, did you have in your mind, prior to entering the studio?
- I didn’t have a specific sound that I wanted to go for I just made what I felt like making. The main thing for me was that I wanted to try and take more risks with how I constructed the songs and really wanted to make sure you could hear my emotion in the vocals.
What kind of input did the producer have during the process
And are you pleased with the final outcome? (sound – production wise)
- Brody is super proud of his vocal mixes on this EP and actually tweeted about it at one point saying “it’s amazing when you find the perfect vocal mix for an artist so you can just focus on adding more interesting effects instead with the extra time. There are too many instances like this to name them but I think the listeners will be able to tell a difference from my previous songs!
Please inform us about your favourite songs and lyrical highlights and why?
- I have to say my favorite song on the EP is the title track, “Hellfire” because it’s the most personal song I’ve ever written. “Told me go to hell, well I got some news for you, hellfire burns brighter” and I also think SpaceMan Zack absolutely killed his feature on it as well. Reflection is a close second for me though and well all the songs are like my children lol.
Are there any ‘crazy’ behind the scenes stories from these sessions that you can share with us?
- An interesting fact is that the beat for Black Polish had to be completely re-made at the last minute but I think it ended up turning out even better all thanks to Saba Lagrange!
How would you describe the sound of your tape to any potential new fan?
- I think of my art as post-genre but it’s closest to sad rap, dark trap, alternative rock, etc it can be described as female fronted rock combined with SoundCloud rap elements and emotional vocals.
Who are your influences and heroes? (music-wise)
I have so many favorite artists but Juice Wrld’s album and Original God’s album both inspired me a lot!
If there’s anything you’d like to add, say, please do:
Thank you so much for listening #sorryxgang I can’t wait to finally share this project with you!